Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Paint Out

"Knox Marsh" available

Up early Saturday morning to get out and take advantage of the morning light. Drove out through Stockton to the boat landing on George Island Rd and set up to do a small painting of Knox Marsh. This morning, like yesterday, did not produce the most exciting of skies but at least it wasn't raining, just clear blue gray skies.

This weekend I've been using linen covered panels from SourceTek. I am liking them well enough, with the lead oil ground. The New Traditions linen on board remains my favorite for the finer linen and beautifully finished wood panels. If price were no problem, I'd use only those.

"Bayview Fields" available

For the afternoon painting, I headed for this beautiful field stretching down towards the Chincoteague Bay. A year ago, after a glimpse through the hedgerow, I slammed the brakes to back up for a better look. Standing at the head of this field, enjoying the play of light over the grasses and the far waters and islands is about as good as anything gets. I admit to a soft spot for lovely fields, attended by stately trees that wind gracefully down to the bays of the ocean, be they in Wareham, Westport or Worcester County.

No comments: